Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ok, lets talk about my hair in my wedding picture! This is no ordanary task to get hair like this!! To all my young readers out there I will teach you just how its done. To all my girlfriends out there who did the same doo, I say to you "what were we thinking!"So this is what I did, first I got a perm, its called a stack perm, nothing was permed on the crown of my head, that part of your hair had to be straight. Now that the fullness could be achieved, I then had to blow out the curls with a round brush, this was not easy, this project took at least an hour! Then I would either put hot rollers in or curl with a curling iron. Now, there could not be a part in your hair, the soft little fluffy curls had to go all the way around your head, to frame the face! The time involved was extensive, depending where you were going, how many guys you might see, it could take up to 3 hours of blow drying,curling, and fluffing to achieve this amazing look!!! This famous hair style was called the Farrah Fausett, if you were successful at pulling off "the look"you might be able to snag yourself a good lookin football player,I guess it worked !!I GOT MINE, I MARRIED HIM!!!

13 comments:

Cara Fish said...

Lori! Hi! So glad to see you have a blog! I absolutely adore you! Can't wait to be able to see what you're up to!

☂niki. said...

Hahahaha. I had no idea it took such work! And what was the point of getting the perm if you were just gonna blow it out and curl it anyway?! Regardless, it's quite fabulous and it looks like you truly mastered it! I'd say you are right up there with Ferrah, herself!

David and Shalynna said...

This blog is so cute. You and Niki are so alike- no wonder she's so amazing! You might not remember me too well, but what I remember about you and your family is your house on 2nd st. at Christmas time. I think we practiced a few final projects for Poston chorus there and your house just had that wonderful Christmas feel. You and your daughters are such examples of strength and love to everyone. You must be so proud of them!

Whitney said...

Oh Lori. I have never spent 3 hours on my appearance in my life! I dont get the point of the perm, when you just blow dry it out and curl it again. You look amazing though!Boys should have had a poster of you in a red one piece on their wall. Ferrah Who?

Alexa Mae said...

So did you do this everyday?? Or was it only for special occasions? That's an insane amount of work. But beauty is pain, right? I love that picture and I'm sure you treasure it!! And you probably think 'Good thing I got my hair just right!' What a GOOD LOOKING COUPLE!!!

Michelle said...

I had no idea it took that much work to get your hair to look like that. It looks amazing. It is such a beautiful wedding picture. I love it! It is funny what us girls will do to look just right.

Alli said...

Oh mother you are one hot mama!! The things women go through to be beautiful! But you don't need to do any of them because you are the most beautiful woman I know without it all! I love you sooooooooooooooo much!!

Jillene said...

Lori! I LOVE this picture of you two! The way you are looking at each other says it all and now look at your beautiful family to show for it!

Yes, I remember the Farrah Fawcett hair days. You do it too well. Now should we talk about Johns HAIR?
Hmmm. maybe not?!! haha

Loves!

Jami said...

I love your blog lori! You are a professional! There have been times in my life that I have wanted trendy hair...but then I remember that i would NEVER spend time on it! But seriously, you are beautiful!

Brian and Brianna said...

I guess beauty really is pain! I agree with Alli the things we do to be beautiful and to win over our men! Your hard work definitely paid off :)

Lizard said...

Oh girl! You were a serious trooper! And looked great, to boot! Maybe that's what you should be for Halloween, a Mod chick from the seventies. I love you so much. I am truly blessed to have met you. Thank you for everything that you do and for all the life lessons. Smooches!

Jen Harvey (Brenner) said...

you know what? i dont care what you think about your H-do, but you could sport that style now and STILL LOOK HOT!!!

Colleen Coleman said...

Hey Lori love the blog! Had a little (big) tear when I saw the pic of you and my fav cousin. You had the farrah cut. I had the Dorathy Hamill. Come on over to colemansrock.blogspot.com