Tuesday, September 23, 2008

GIRLFRIENDS

You know how sometimes we laugh about something we don't have, and say "Well I didn't stand in the right line in Heaven, when they were handing that out! I was driving down the road the other day , and thought, I think I stood in the right line when they were handing out the blessings for great friends! I'm sorry to those who have struggled with friendships, I think I took yours!! I must have stood in that line a long time because, I got them for myself and then for my daughters!! I have always had good friends, I still have my precious girlfriends from the third grade, we called ourselves LW COOL, LH COOL, KG COOL, MG COOL, PO COOL!!! As you can tell we thought we were "COOL STUFF' !! It doesn't matter how long its been since we have talked, we can always go right back to where we were. Through out my life I have added more and more girl friends and have always been blessed with the very best. Words cannot describe how much I love them! Heavenly Father blessed us with girlfriends because he knew men would not be enough! Not only have I been so so blessed, So has my girls, Its crucial while your raising your children that they only have good influences. Its scary how friends can ruin everything you have worked so hard to teach your children. I have never had to worry about that !! To all who are reading this blog , you are my friends I don't take you for granted , I love you for loving me and for loving my girls!! Love infinity xoxo

11 comments:

Jillene said...

So true about friendship and how friends really do influence our lives. I, too am so blessed to have always had great friends. My friends always give me the courage to do things that are important yet difficult for me to do. I love getting friends advice, and just being able to laugh with friends in a way that can only be laughed with "girlfriends".

Thanks Lori for being my FRIEND. :)

Oh! and in my younger days, me and my friends were known as Issabelle, Jessibelle, Clairabelle, Annabelle... we also went through Chi Chi, Ste Ste, Ki Ki, and Ji Ji (Ji Ji - by the way my nieces and nephews still call me). haha wow!

Loves!

Lindsay Jones said...

I think we were standing in the friend line together! I love that my mom and my sisters are not only my family but my friends too, my bestest friends! I have some really great friends, I am so lucky and blessed! I miss my Stephanie sister friend! It is so nice to have girls to understand when your husband is being weird or your kids are driving you a little crazy that day! It sure helps to have your friend say its okay I understand. My best friends are the ones whom I don't have to talk to all the time and they understand that life just gets in the way sometimes, and that our friendship still stays the same. I have some great true blue friends and I hope they know who they are! Thanks for the reminder that I am so lucky! I love you!

mandi said...

I couldn't agree more with Linds, my sisters and my mom are my best friends, I cherish you guys more than you know.I look forward to talking to you daily and enjoy every second I'm with you.That is why moving away is so hard,you have to make new friends.They are great but nothing like my family.Love you can't wait to be with my best friends in 1 week

Brian and Brianna said...

I feel so blessed that we were able to grow up with your girl's as our bestest friends. It's crazy to think that my dad and John were great friends growing up, I think they passed that along to me and Alli! I don't know what life would have been like with out Alli. It's rare to have friends that you've known since kindergarten and I still have mine! I love her thanks for raising such a great daughter, and I love all of your girls! We are so lucky to have known you gals for so long.

Lizard said...

Lori, it is your spirit and generosity that draws people to you. And you have a gift to see the best in everyone. We are all better people to have you in our lives. It is we who thank you for loving us.

Alexa Mae said...

I completely agree. Friends are definitely crucial in a persons life. They can influence you for good or for bad. I feel very lucky to have soooo many friends that have always been such great examples to me growing up. You and all your girls have been so inspiring. I admire you all. Im glad I was standing in line that day when they offering out The Crum Girls as friends!!! Lucky me, Lucky me!! I love ya!!

Alli said...

I have to agree with all the comments!! Lindsays Mandis Bri's and Alex!! I have great friends and I am so thankful for all of them!!! I love you momma your my very best and favorite friend!! don't tell anyone I told you I dont want them to feel bad ;)

☂niki. said...

that was really sweet mom. you DO have great friends. and so do I!! thanks for standing in line for me. only a good "friend" like you would do that for her girls. good mothers are the best friends anyone could ask for!

Jillene said...

I LOVE YOU LORI!

Have a FUN weekend!

Jen Harvey (Brenner) said...

aww that was sweet. Tbank you for always being such a great friend to my mama. She and I love you so much!

Gail said...

Love you right back Lori! You are the main reason you have such good friends. You radiate love and draw us toward you. We are the ones who are blessed, so thanks for being my friend and giving my girls such amazing friends. In the book Anne of Green Gables, Anne talks about her friends being "kindred spirits" and you are definitely one of my kindred spirits! I love you!