Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother I love you, Mother I Do..



My Mama


My sweet mama is the most amazing person I have ever witnessed in my life. She is the most sweet spirited, beautiful, kind, loving mother that i wish someday to become like. She is incredible in her willingness to do what it takes to survive and to be a mother. She always puts her kids first and is always so happy and excited to help even if it isnt the funnest thing to do. Her testimony of the gospel has grown through her trials she endures and if she isnt celestial, i dont know who is. I know without a doubt that the Lord has a special place for her and is only preparing her for what glorious things are ahead. I love my mom and I want her happy always. She is all I think about, and I am amazed everyday at who she is. I often think while laying in bed how I was lucky enough to be apart of the family I am...How me, could have such an incredible mother and father and sisters that are truely my best friends. It isnt often that many people can say that. But ladies and gentleman reading..I LOVE MY FAMILY! I love them with everything i have in me. I would do anything and everything for them. They are truely my whole and I find peace in the fact that families are forever. Without my mother, i dont think any of us sisters would be who we are. She is amazing and i cant begin to thank her enough for all she does and for the person she is. She is my best friend, and will always be the most precious person in my life. 
Just an example of the unconditional love my mom has, i will tell you of a story that will stay deep in my heart. My mom and i were working at the wright house doing a food service and attending a party. I was lucky to work with my mom and we were having a great time working and being with each other. It was close to easter and my mom always gets us easter baskets and makes easter a great time for us all. well i decided i didn't want a basket but that i wanted my precious pieces of art(: instead because it was more expensive and it was to take place of the basket. Well as the day was finishing and work was finishing, my mom took me to her purse where she was giving me money for my magical pieces of art that i like to call my best friend! (haha yes i know you are all confused at what this might be but just smile and pretend you know what i am talking about) As she was giving me money she opened the envolope up of the money she had just earned from working the job we just did. She handed me over all the cash with a smile on her face and gave me extra money to go get a new shirt for easter sunday. i paused because i felt bad for taking her hard earned money. She was so willing to do whatever it took to make me happy and make me feel special. ( I know this sounds like I am very spoiled which I am, but I am not greedy and this act of kindness i will never forget). No matter what it takes, she will do whatever she can to make her children happy. For mothers day we took her to mall to try and pamper her! We wanted her to for once put us aside and to buy a fresh new outfit for HER! Yes for her! We went to the mall and was able to help her find some nice things that would help her feel beautiful on this very special day. Mother I love you, Mother I do. You are so very special to me and I love you with everything that i have. You are an incredible woman and hope you know how appreciated you are. I love you infinity.Families are forever. Happy Mothers Day!!                                                                   Love Lex

14 comments:

Hardwick Family said...

That is so sweet! I have heard many stories of what a wonderful mom and person your mom is! Mothers really are the best!

Tara said...

I love you Lori and Lex! What an amazing, inspirational family the Crums are! Happy Mother's Day!

Barbie said...

What a beautiful tribute. You are so truly blessed to have each other. Thank you for sharing such a heartfelt message today.

Aliece said...

Thanks for sharing Lex! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! We love you all so much!

Eliza said...

I am so proud to have you as my aunt! What a wonderful family you have, it is so great to see how much you all love each other! Happy Mother's Day!

Lucille Jarvis said...

oh, Lex you dear sweet soul. I love you. What a wonderful tribute to you amazing mommy. I too do not know what I would do without her. She too is my best friend. Raising our children together has been true joy. She is celestial and yes you are so very blessed. She amazes me everyday in all that she can accomplish. With all the responsibility she has in surviving life, her girls come first. Always have and always will. That is the way it is. ya ya!! I feel so blessed to have such a incredible sister. I wish I could take away the hardship in her life, but the Savior I know is carrying her through. She truly will have a mansion in the next life. oh, how I love my Crums...

wendy said...

People are just drawn to you mom. She is such a fun amazing, beautiful person!

☂niki. said...

you speak words of truth.

i ditto everything you said.

our mother is amazing!

love you guys(infinity)!

scooley said...

Your girls are the best and they know a wonderful mom when they see one. I miss you guys. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day. love ya

Jamie said...

such an sweet post, i had a great honor working with your mom, lori i love you so much im so glad i had that time to be able to get to be close to you.you are an amazing women, i miss working and seeing you everday. i was really glad that you were there when benson was born that was very special to me to have you there. you have a special place in my heart. Thanks for being who you are, i hope i can develope some of your attributes.love you

Kristy Treible said...

That is so sweet! Happy Mothers Day to you too. You are a great mama and grandmommy!

Luke & Shawnie said...

crying...I love your mom so much. I am so thankful for the time I have gotten to spend time with her while I worked at the wright house. She really is the sweetest, most kind woman I know. I am so happy she is in my ward. And I have seen that all her daughters have become exactly like her.

Jillene said...

awwww i LOVE this post! I fully agree with Lexi about how lucky she is to have such an amazing mother. Lori has seriously always been one of my favorite people :) She is so so sweet, fun, thoughtful, spiritual, loving and giving. And she loves her family--infinity! And I feel that way about Lindsay, Mandi, Nikki, Alli, and Lexi also. All you Crum girls are incredible! I am so glad to know you and be friends with Lori :)

Loves!

Todd and Jacy Skouson said...

Oh Lex, you made me cry little a baby. I guess my emotions are on the surface right now. Everything you said is right ON! I Love you Lori and all my sweet Crum girls! There is a special place in my heart for you all. You know how much I LOVE all of you. I love and miss you guys.
P.S. Lex Congrats! on graduation. Good job!